Good Afternoon Children’s Policy Council Leaders,
2014 has been a GREAT year for the CPCs across the state of Alabama. What you have done through CPC collaboration to impact children and families in your community has been outstanding. As your state CPC representative I have been involved in a lot of CPC activity this year as well:
· I have attended 126 of your CPC meetings to provide technical assistance and CPC development
· I have toured the Hope Academy in Selma and Hope Center in Tuscumbia both centers are projects of the CPC
· I have attended CPC Community Awareness events Parent Care (Lawrence County) and Teen Pregnancy Awareness in (Fayette County)
· I have developed and conducted 9 Children’s Policy Council Regional Workshops across the state where over 1,000 participants were trained on Child Abuse Safety and Cyberbullying and Internet Safety
· I have conducted 17 Books, Balls and Blocks Early Child Development Screenings where 987 of Alabama’s children 4 months to 5 years old were screened for developmental delays. 76 developmental delays were detected and referrals have been made to Children’s Rehab, Early Intervention and/or Department of Education Special Education Services for children to receive physical therapy, speech and hearing services.
· I have served on state boards that address concerns of children- Alabama Children’s Policy Council, Alabama Literacy Alliance, Alabama Council for Developmental Disabilities and End Child Hunger in Alabama- I have been advocating for children and seeking resources that can help local CPCs.
This is an exciting time for CPC and together we can achieve much. Let’s make an even greater impact in 2015!
Thanks for your support,
Liletta M. Jenkins
State Manager, Alabama Children’s Policy Councils