The Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education hires candidates for Education Specialist (Title Code 30122) and Retired State Employee (11903, Option 003) classifications. To be considered for a position, candidates should have education and experience in Early Childhood Education and/or Development, specifically, experience as a lead teacher and/or administrator of pre-k programs. The State of Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

The Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education (ADECE) hires from the employment registers established by the State Personnel Department. Interested candidates must apply through the Alabama State Personnel Department at Positions will be filled from the state personnel register. Please visit the Application Process page of the State Personnel website to learn more about applying for these positions. For questions about being placed on the register, please contact the State Personnel Department directly. ADECE is not able to answer questions or provide assistance about this process. Please be sure to indicate on your application those counties within which you are willing to work and be based.

If you are interested in full time employment as a Coach or Monitor for Pre-K classrooms administered through ADECE, please apply using the State Personnel online application system at for Education Specialist, Title Code 30122. 

If you are a retired teacher or administrator from an early childhood setting that is a Retirement Systems of Alabama agency and would like to be considered for employment as a part-time Coach or Monitor, please print the state application form from and send your completed paper application along with a letter requesting that your name be added to the Retired State Employee Register (Title Code 11903, Option 003). Applications for Retired State Employee cannot be submitted electronically. They must be submitted by mail or fax to State Personnel Department.

ALL APPLICATIONS for employment with ADECE are handled through State Personnel. Please do not contact ADECE directly. When positions are available, ADECE receives the official registers from State Personnel Department. Only those names on the register which have been officially certified as qualified for the position will be considered.