Alabama First Things First PDG-B5 Demonstration Site Pilot
Site Applications due by August 23, 2019
The Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education (“DECE”) is pleased to announce the opportunity for qualified childcare programs to apply to be a pilot Birth to Five Demonstration site. DECE will provide technical assistance with strengthening and supporting the implementation of best practice strategies in birth to five settings. DECE is seeking applicants willing to participate in this pilot program, “First Things First”. Through the “First Things First” pilot program, DECE will provide approved learning laboratory equipment and materials, ongoing staff training and professional development, coaching supporting, opportunities for parent education, and a teacher stipend for full-time infant and toddler teachers responsible for primary care in the classroom.
The application will contain all regulatory requirements and a timeline of related expectations from September 1, 2019 through February 29, 2020. Completed applications must be submitted using the online application no later than August 23, 2019, by 5:00 PM C.S.T.
Applications must be completed online at:
In order to be eligible:
• Childcares must have an infant and toddler program;
• Childcares must have an Alabama First Class Pre-K classroom;
• Childcares must be licensed by the Alabama Department of Human Resources;
• Childcares must have staff commitment to be involved in the demonstration site model and be willing to attend professional development trainings;
• Childcares must be willing to participate in the Family Engagement program overseen by DECE; and
• Teachers must be willing to obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA).
Benefits of being a Demonstration Site
•Each site could receive up to a $35,000 which will include all DECE approved learning
laboratory equipment and materials. Teacher stiped for full time infant and toddler teachers that
are responsible for the primary care in the classroom ($1,000.00 per month up to $6,000.00 for
up to 6 months)
• Teachers will earn their Child Development Associate (CDA)
• Staff Training
• Coaching and continuous support
• Opportunities for parent education
Please direct all inquiries by email to Tammy Gibson at 334-224-3171 or firstname.lastname@example.org