Teaching Strategies GOLD® is an authentic, ongoing observational system for assessing children from birth through third grade. Extensive field tests have shown it to be both valid and reliable. Available online and in print, the system can be used with any developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum.
Teaching Strategies GOLD® is based on 38 objectives that include predictors of school success and are aligned with state early learning standards. These objectives are the heart of the system- teachers use them to focus their observations as they gather information to make classroom decisions.
With Teaching Strategies GOLD® online, teachers can:
• use a variety of tools to gather and organize meaningful data quickly.
• create a developmental profile of each child to answer the questions, “What does this child know? What is he or she able to do?”
• understand how their observations relate to important objectives for development and learning and use that understanding to scaffold each child’s learning.
• determine if a child is making progress and compare the child’s knowledge, skills, and behaviors to those of most children of his or her age or class/group.
• recognize children who might benefit from special help, screening, or further evaluation.
• generate comprehensive reports that can be customized easily and shared with family members and other stakeholders.
For more information, visit: http://www.frazercenter.org/files/2014/09/Teaching-Strategies-GOLD-Assessment-Touring-Guide-.pdf