An Introduction to First Teacher
The First Teacher: Home Visiting work unit utilizes three national models: Nurse Family Partnership, Parents as Teachers, and Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) that collectively focus on six areas:
- Improving maternal physical and mental health
- Reducing physical abuse
- Improving treatment of children (including health and nutrition)
- Promoting economic self-sufficiency for families
- Educating families on how to use the resources that are available to them in their area
- Promoting school readiness
HELP ME GROW ALABAMA
Help Me Grow (HMG) connects families to health and developmental resources so children (birth to age eight) can start school healthy and ready to succeed. With this proven model, HMG helps to ensure all children to have the best possible start in life.
• HMG provides a free, confidential, centralized telephone access point that links every family in Alabama to a care coordinator that will answer questions and concerns about their child’s development, connect them with services in their community, and follow-up to ensure a connection is made.
•Promotes the use of a universal, valid, and evidenced based developmental screening tool in all early childhood settings, and provides technical assistance and support for providers implementing Help Me Grow in their programs.
•Making the Connection – receive calls regarding a child’s developmental concerns, assess needs & available resources, and refer families to services
•Educating Providers – educate professionals about developmental surveillance & screening while promoting access to services
•Building the Network – develop relationships within the community & maintain an accurate list of local resources
•Identifying Gaps & Barriers – collect and analyze data to identify needs and effectively connect families to resource
Enroll today and a care coordinator will contact you to learn more about your family’s needs or interests https://helpmegrowalabama.org/families/enroll-today/
For more information click here.